To participate in the 2019-2020 Scripps Spelling Bee your school must enroll by December 20, 2019. There is a fee of $240 per school. Enroll at www.spellingbee.com/enrollment.
What do you receive for your enrollment? They provide access to everything you need to organize classroom and school spelling bees, including:
- Exclusive online access to the teachers-only section of spellingbee.com
- Official study list for your students, organized by difficulty level
- Official pronouncer guides for use in conducting classroom and school spelling bees
- The Great Words, Great Works reading list with all source books, organized by reading level
- Supplemental vocabulary materials for classroom and school levels
- Customizable certificates for your participants and school champion
- New this year: the 4,000-word Words of the Champions study guide for school champions.
- A one-year subscription to Britannica Online for Kids (a $74.95 value) to award to a participant in your school spelling bee program
Enroll school at: www.spellingbee.com/enrollment.
Parents should contact their child’s school to determine who the school or district “key” contact is to request a copy of the student study list. Parents can purchase an eBook version of the Words of the Champions booklet through Amazon.
Local Spelling Bee dates:
Macon County Bee: Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Piatt County Bee: Thursday, February 20, 2020
Regional Spelling Bee: Saturday, March 21, 2020
National Bee: week of May 24 through 29 at Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center, National Harbor, Maryland.
To participate in the National Bee students may be no older than 15 and have not passed beyond the eighth grade.
2020 National Contest Rules will be available beginning May 1 at www.spellingbee.com