MACON-PIATT REGIONAL OFFICE OF EDUCATION #39
ELIS - License Renewal 2021
LICENSES THAT ARE EXPIRING ON JUNE 30, 2021 CANNOT BE RENEWED UNTIL APRIL 1, 2021!
All license renewal transactions must be completed online in the ELIS system. This includes all applications for licenses, endorsements, registration/renewal of licenses, payment etc.
Click here for information on Renewal Fees and Professional Development Requirements
MAKE SURE TO USE GOOGLE CHROME OR FIREFOX AS YOUR INTERNET BROWSER ONLY!! MACBOOKS AND HANDHELD DEVICES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ISBE'S WEBSITE
To renew and register your professional educator license or educator license with stipulations endorsed for a career and technical educator field or chief school business official, follow the steps below.
1. Log in to your ELIS account (https://sec3.isbe.net/IWASNET/login.aspx).
2. Be sure your PD/Employment status in the "Profile" box in the center of the page is accurate.
3. If you need to update your PD/Employment Status, click on the "Pencil" at the far right/top of the page and click on "Update Your PD/Employment Status" under the "Profile" box.
4. On the next screen, click the down arrow for each semester that needs to be changed. Click on the appropriate status in the drop-down menu.
5. Repeat for each semester that needs to be changed.
6. Click ‘Finish when you are done updating your status.
7. To record professional development, click on "Enter Professional Development" under the question "What do you want to do?" on your home page.
8. Once on the Professional Development page, record as many activities as needed to meet the amount of professional development hours in the box at the bottom of the screen labeled ‘Hours Required.’
9. Record each professional development activity or college course as a separate entry.
10. After entering your professional development, click the ‘Home’ tab - the one with a picture of a house on it - in the upper left corner of the screen.
11. Click on ‘Renewal’ in Action Center (Note: You will not be able to renew the license until you record the required amount of professional development and/or all required Administrator Academies (AAs) are documented. Administrator Academies must be completed by June 30 to avoid owing a penalty AA. There is no lapse period for the completion of AAs).
12. ELIS will lead you through the renewal steps which include answering legal background questions, selecting a region, and entering a credit/debit card to pay the applicable registration and handling fees. Registration fees are $10 per year, i.e. $50 per five-year cycle.
**If you are a retiree and your employment status is correctly set to IL Retiree then there will be NO FEE to renew your license.
For a step-by-step guide with screen shots, visit https://www.isbe.net/Documents/PEL-CTE-Renewal-Steps.pdf.
If you cannot remember your ELIS account login credentials please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217-872-3720 for this information.
If you need to change your email address associated with your ELIS account login credentials you MUST CALL ISBE at 217-557-6763.